Goodbye Teen Team

April is almost here and that means my last Express News Teen Team meeting is coming up too. It all went by so fast, like everything usually does. Ugh, I despise time! Everything must come to an end eventually, and I’m still trying to get used to it.

Last night’s meeting was particulary interesting, not that the others were boring, but we were actually able to become a little more creative than usual. We were told to write about the props set out in front of us; the first was a gigantic, fake, red rose.

Here’s what came to my mind when I saw it:rosered

“We’re painting the roses red!” She said; she bellowed; she screamed. They cowered; they ran; they jumped in fear of her humongous head. No one quite knows how her head came to be so large or why she loved the color red. All they knew was: to upset the Queen meant decapitation. Certainly, they thought, she must have the tiniest bit of sympathy for their miniscule heads. Anywho, today was no day to fret about decapitation because the roses HAD to be painted RED or they would not live to see tomorrow. And just like her head, the roses were particularly large. “This could take all day” they thought to themselves. Never once did they make a mistake to speak out of place; for if she happened to hear, they would, in turn, hear “OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!”

We were only given ten minutes to come up with somthing creative, and I really think I achieved what they were expecting. But, unfortunately, the person who was chosen to read my interpretation of the rose had an accent and it was very difficult for the rest of the group to understand what I wrote. I didn’t get the kind of reaction i was hoping for, but at least I know that I didn’t write about love like everyone else.

As a farewell to the Teen Team, I’d like to share with all of you the Teen Team Blog: http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/teenteam/

4 thoughts on “Goodbye Teen Team

1. I feel you brenice when you say you despise time. I feel the same everything around me feels like its flying by. i liked the the “OFF WIT THEIR HEADS” too.

2. Time seriously does need to take a break and just chill for a while. It passes by too fast, and I’m sure I can speak for everyone when I say it sucks!

As far as your rose story Bernice, I loved it! At first I thought it was going to be about Beauty and the Beast, but I was so much more intersted when I realized it was Alice in Wonderland. I so think your story should have been chosen. Stupid guy with the accent!

3. Thanks Amber, Im sorry I confused you with the picture. It’s just that in my mind i visualized the rose from Beauty and the Beast, but thought of the Alice and Wonderland story. :]